Wednesday, March 28, 2012

TreeView checkboxes AutoPostBack with AJAX

Hello,

There is a known problem with TreeView checkboxes in ASP.NET: they can't do AutoPostBack. So I've solved this problem like this:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">function postbackOnCheck(){ var o = window.event.srcElement; if (o.tagName == 'INPUT' && o.type == 'checkbox' && o.name != null && o.name.indexOf('CheckBox') > -1) { __doPostBack("",""); }}</script><asp:TreeView onclick="postbackOnCheck()" ID="treeContent" runat="server"> ... And so on ... </TreeView>

This way I get full postback each time the user checks\unchecks the checkbox.

But now I want to modify this code in order to make use of AJAX: I don't want the FULL postback, but I only want the tree itself to be updated. Of course, I've started by placing it inside the UpdatePanel. But what now? Can somebody help me with this issue?

Thanks Dmitry!

Clean solution. Very useful!

Nikolay


I haven't tried this out myself but would suggest creating an event trigger for your updatepanel for the treeview's onclick event. Suppose that should do the job.


Use treeview's Load event in the updatepanel's event trigger. This works for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment