Wednesday, March 28, 2012

treeview in Multiview clientscript problem in new beta

Hi,

I have a problem with one of my web page... for debugging purpose I created a simple test webpage to explain the problem.
Here it is:
An updatepanel containing a multiview.
In this multiview there's 2 view, each containing a tree view and a button to go to the other view.
The default activeview is the first one.

My problem is that only the treeview in the first view works.
The treeview in the 2nd view crashes with error "Microsoft JScript: 'TreeView2_Data' is undefined." when I click a node.
Of course if I set the enableclientscript property of the treeview to off then it works okay but it does a partial postback at each node collapse-expand...

My guess is that the clientscript is not injected correctly on view change but how can I fix that ?
Btw it used to work before I updated to Beta 1.0

Thanks a lot !

Jean-Sébastien Roy

I was able to repro it and report it to the developer..

thanks for the report....

Andres


Hi,

The TreeView control is not supported inside UpdatePanels in Atlas 1.0. A future release of Atlas will support this scenario. In Atlas 1.0 you can have the TreeView outside the UpdatePanel.

Thanks,

Eilon


Thanks to you both for the fast answers !

Placing a TreeView inside an UpdatePanel is not supported on the Beta. Please look a the following documentation page (under the "UpdatePanel Compatible Controls"):http://ajax.asp.net/docs/Overview/intro/partialpagerendering/updatepanelOverview.aspx. Full support for all controls will be available on the next release of ASP.NET.

Thanks,
Federico


I had a same problem. Seems like its not supported in Beta version. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks


Hi,

UpdatePanel control is used for only partial updating/partial_page rendering. You can not use the updatePanel control for Treeview and someother controls like MenuView and FileUpload.

If you need more help on this check in below link under UpdatePanel Control.

http://ajax.asp.net/default.aspx

Pradeep Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment