Saturday, March 24, 2012

Trigger partial page update from child window... or from DIVed IFrame

Hello there.

I need ideas on how to trigger an update panel from a child window (window.open) with ASP.NET AJAX. How can I access the "parents" page Scriptmanager or even the UpdatePanel itself?

The other possible option would be to do a callback from an IFrame but I am also unsure if it is possible to tweak it in such a way that only certain parts of the page are reloaded.

If you have already accomplished this in some way or the other than I would greatly appreciate if you share your solution or give some hints.


thanks,

Elmar

Gosh, isn′t it always like this - after posting the above I found a very decent solution for this issue. It does not involve hidden controls or similar.

In case you want to know more - here is thelink

Elmar

No comments:

Post a Comment