Monday, March 26, 2012

Trigger for Update Panel with Multiple Content Sections on Master Page

Can I use an UpdatePanel in one Content section on a content page with a trigger in another Content section of the same content page?

I have a master page with multiple ContentPlaceHolders which I am using as the template for various pages with a search section and a results section. The search section is contained in one ContentPlaceHolder and the results is contained in another. The content page search section contains an ASP.NET button control (id="btnSubmit") and the content page results section contains an Atlas UpdatePanel containing a Trigger which I would like to tie to btnSubmit. I have tried declaratively to make btnSubmit the trigger, as well as programmatically. When the page loads, I get a "ControlID of trigger must reference valid control" error either way. I have tried substituting btnSubmit.ClientID.ToString inside the trigger definition and this does not work either.

I have another master page/content page combination where both the trigger and the update panel are in the same ContentPlaceHolder/Content section, and I have no problem getting Atlas to work. I am using the April CTP of Atlas.I made a similiar post... I hope I will get a replyhttp://forums.asp.net/1450493/ShowThread.aspx#1450493 from here

No comments:

Post a Comment